Saturday, January 28, 2006

Concert listing

Gonna use this as a space to capture the concerts attended by me. Since I can edit this, will allow me the means to update the list as I remember those fuzzy moments. It should get visually better as time goes by and I have time to pretty it up. Those in the know are welcome to add comments or clarification for my bad memory.


Brazil - local Texas band (attended with Marcus Boney - RIP)
Steppenwolf and The Guess Who (Attended with MB)
.38 Special (Saw at Dallas Alley free concert)
Steppenwolf (Saw again at Dallas Alley free concert)
Kingdom Come, Dokken, Scorpions, Metallica, Van Halen (went on a package deal - bus and tix from Tyler to the Dallas Cotton Bowl with Militant, Hagar's voice crapped out and they promised free show, made up several years later in Dallas Alley as a free for all event, i didn't go)
Warrant and Motley Crue (second time's the charm, with Militant, Reunion Arena, Kick Start My Heart was recorded live at that show for Decade of Decadance album)
Pantera (at the After Dark Club in Houston in a New Year's Eve show, I stage dove, Rocky George from Suicidal made a guest appearance)
LA Guns, AC/DC (Can't remember much of this one, seems like Sepultura may have played, too. Was at the Starplex)
Bad English, Whitesnake (Reunion Arena, featured Steve Vai and Adrian Vandenberg as dual guitarists for Whitesnake)
Faith No More, Guns N Roses, Metallica (Texas Stadium)
Winger, The Scorpions (Starplex - very special show)
Coal Chamber, Danzig (at a club in Deep Ellum - with Skippy, turned us on to Coal Chamber, Danzig was awesome)
Suicidal Tendencies, Queensryche (saw with Militant and the magician, turned me on to Suicidal AND got to see Mindcrime in entirety as a show within the show)
Coal Chamber, Sevendust (Powerman 5000 was headliner and we disliked them so much we left just after they started, saw with Skippy)
Coal Chamber, Megadeth (at the Bronco Bowl, great showm saw with Skippy)
Robert Plant, Alannah Miles (saw with Militant, did cover of my fave Zep song, Nobody's Fault But Mine)
Quicksand?, White Zombie, Anthrax (saw with Skippy and Militant, Al Jourgenson of Ministry waved to me when I yelled at him after the show - he was a guest of the band and was walking across the stage)
Motorhead, Dio, Iron Maiden (with Skippy, Awesome show, especially Dio and Maiden - rode in Chevy SST before they were publicly available)
Queensryche, Judas Priest (saw with Militant & Skippy, the reunion tour with Rob Halford)

Metallica, Avenged Sevenfold and Volbeat (turned me on to Volbeat)
Iron Maiden, Ghost (This thing called Ghost - awesome!)

Scorpions & Ratt (T-Bucket's first concert) Grand Prairie
Queensryche at Grand Prairie
Iron Maiden and Coheed and Cambria (Dallas Starplex)
Iron Maiden and Megadeth, Austin at the racetrack
Sum41 at Houston House of Blues with T-Bucket
Third Eye Blind, Bad Bad Hats, Oklahoma City Criterion
Third Eye Blind, Dallas Starplex
Deep Purple, Alice Cooper at Starplex


DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince, JJ Fadd, Public Enemy, Run DMC (with Javiez lol)
Dottie West or Tammy Wynette- I'm hazy on this, could have been another early 70s country star, but she played a small high school in my area that my family went to see when I was a kid)
Jerry Reed (at Billy Bob's when my grandma and aunt visited Texas, whole family went, I remember it not being a great place to see the concert)
Dwight Yoakum (with the Queen, at Starplex, couldn't understand any of the talking, but songs were OK)
Trisha Yearwood, Garth Brooks (with the Queen - one of his last big arena tours, big multi-night gig)
Deryl Dodd (at several venues in Texas, with the Queen)
Mark Chestnut, Tracy Lawrence, George Strait (A New Year's Eve show in Dallas with the Queen)
Bruce Robison (At a special acoustic concert opening for Guy Clark, with the Queen, blew me away and I saw him solo at Austin's Broken Spoke later)
Bruce Robison & Kelly Willis more times than I can remember now
Bruce Robison, Charlie Robison & Jack Ingram - Dallas Hard Rock, Unleashed Reunion
Charlie Robison multiple times, first in Lampasas, also Belton
Max Stalling multiple times, Belton twice, Lampasas, The Colony, Waco fair
Slaid Cleaves multiple times - Saxon Pub, Waxahachie theatre, Washington, DC, Tomball, Belton
Chris Knight multiple times - Belton, Waco Hippodrome, Belton intimate show, Waco Lakeside
Warren Hood, multiple times, opening for Bruce/Kelly, at Waco
Courtney Patton, Belton multiple times, our backyard, New Braunfels area, Waxhachie with and without Jason Eady

Junior Brown (multiple times, once at Gypsy Tea Room in Dallas, second time at Southern Junction and said hi to him near the merch table, and again at a Deep Ellum Club) also at Waco
Johnny Gimble and Hank Thompson in Waco at MCC, one of Hank's last shows

3 comments:

Jess said...

Ok I'm happy, most of that list is definitely 80's :) The only concerts I have ever been to were Jimmy Buffet and Billy Joel. You are so way ahead of me!!!

As to "fuzzy moments" well I used to think that's something old people had when I was a kid, but now I guess I'm one of the old people. You too eh? :)

LDiablo said...

And I can only imagine how bad my memory would be if I'd have smoked dope.

Jess said...

Dope? What's that?

Ok I'll admit, there were a few episodes where my youth and lack of judgment--any judgment that is, got the best of me and I smoked it. Stationed overseas, away from home, what ELSE is there to do?

Looking back, I honestly had a blast. What a great way to pass the time occasionally and all it did was make me funny as hell then I'd go to sleep.

Oh to be young again.......NOT! :O)